Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving - I Think It’s Universal...

While I write this blog, I think of the two of my three sons that don’t live under my roof.

I think about the military men and women that are overseas and not with their families, yet fighting for the freedom so many of us take for granted.

I think about my dad, who is 70-some (I’m NOT telling his REAL age, because I got my vanity from somewhere) years young and is celebrating this holiday somewhere on the opposite coast; maybe at home, maybe somewhere in Washington state, maybe somewhere in Lake Tahoe, or hopefully, with kin in the Sacramento area.

I don’t think Thanksgiving is necessarily a Christian holiday. I don’t consider it a Pagan holiday. I think it is a non-denominational holiday that allows ALL of us, no matter what our spiritual walk in life, to give thanks for the many blessings that have been bestowed to us during this past year.

Whilst boring, here are mine:

I am thankful for -


  • My husband, who is my best friend and my biggest fan;
  • My immediate family, who let me walk my path without giving me a lot of grief;
  • My Pagan/Voodoo/Wiccan friends (both old and new), who have accepted me for who I am, in spite of the hybrid path that I follow;
  • My day-job people - some friends, some acquaintances - they accept me for who I am (even though I remain in the broom closet) and are just mean enough to me to keep me in line, yet loving enough to me to let my true light shine through;
  • My pets, who love me unconditionally, no matter what kind of mood I am in when I come through that front door;
  • My haters/judgers because they keep me in line so that I can show that following a religion that is not labeled, “Christian” can still prove that one knows how to walk that walk whilst talking that talk;
  • My day job - while not always fun, it does keep the lights on and food on the table;
  • My ability to photograph and write - it’s going to take me places, people…just you wait;
  • The men and women of the United States armed forces…I don’t care which branch you represent, I respect and thank you for fighting for the freedom I have to be who I am.
That said, I wish all of you a very happy Thanksgiving, and I’ll catch up with you once I’m done cooking tomorrow’s feast. :)

Blessed Be, Y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment