Thursday, October 11, 2012

Merry Meet!

Hello, and welcome to my blog.

Given that I’m a writer in my spare time, I thought I would give this blogging-thing a spin, since there are so few people in my real world that I can talk to about alternative religions.

Bear with the “bare bones” look of the blog, as I am working on some custom graphics for the layout.

I’m quite certain that with Samhain right around the corner that I’ll have much to post in the coming weeks. I know that a bonfire that night is on our to-do list, but that also means that a fire pit will need to be built for more permanent use than the fire-urn that we use for outdoor rituals right now. I love the urn, given its portability, and I can place it where I need it, or place it where I won’t freak out the neighbors. (Remind me to tell you my Mabon story another time, LOL…)

Not only are the nights getting cooler, they are also getting longer, which means Yule will be sneaking up on us before we know it.

I will also share recipes with you in the coming days (I have an amazing cheat-mead recipe that you will love), as well as anecdotes, stories, and opinion pieces. Yes, I’m opinionated, and you’ll see that soon enough. I’m big on the whole “fair”-thing; you know, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Live and let live. I’ll leave your religion alone, and I hope that you will respect mine enough to do the same. Which brings me to this:

For those of you that may be main-stream in nature and have stumbled upon this blog to bash my debil-worshipping ways, let me just set the record straight. I don’t worship Satan. I don’t even believe in Satan, so that would make it a bit difficult for me to be a satan-worshipper.  If you’re a main-streamer, and you didn’t come to bash? I welcome you to sit back, grab a cup of tea and read on. You may find that you’ve learned something and your mind may have opened up just a tad. I’m not going to try and win you over to the dark side, or control your mind or actions, or any of those other stereotypes those of us of the Pagan persuasion have to live with. We’re people, just like you, and our beliefs actually run more parallel than you might think. But more about that, later.

On that note, I will close for now, as I’ve been under the weather this week, and I think I am about due for that wonderful afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment